Although the first day of summer isn’t technically till June 21st, I thought it would be fun to share my summer bucket list. Plus, I live in Arizona, where it’s practically summer year round.
My 2018 Summer Bucket List
- Do some reading – Summer is a great time to dive into some good books. My goal is to read at least 4 new ones this summer. Leave me your recommendations in the comments.
- Visit the beach – California is a short drive away, and I’d love to hit the road with some friends and just go hang out on the beach for a day.
- Go to a festival – Summertime is jam-packed with all sorts of festivals. I’m hoping I can make my way to a few fun ones.
- Pick some fruit – I’ve been wanting to make it to Schnepf Farms for a couple of years now. It’s on the other side of valley from me but I think it’ll be worth the drive for the fresh fruit and cute pics.
- Explore Arizona – I’ve lived in Arizona my entire life and there’s still parts of it I haven’t seen. This summer I want to take some day trips and explore the state a little.
- Go wine tasting – I love me some wine and wine tasting. At some point, I’d like to check out a couple of the wineries up north.
- Have a staycation – The are some great hotels in the valley and I’d love to check one out this summer. The Adeline, Saguaro and Hermosa Inn all look like great places to stay for a little vacay in the valley.
- Visit a Farmer’s Market – I like supporting local businesses and finding new products and farmer’s markets are a great way to do both. It’s typically too hot for markets in the valley but I’ve heard that a couple of them move indoor during the summer.
- Perfect a sangria recipe – Like I said, I love wine. So one of my goals this summer is to perfect a delicious sangria recipe.
- Have a day out by a lake – There’s nothing like spending a summer day by the water. Throw in a BBQ, a bonfire and some drinks and you’ve got the perfect summer day.
What’s on your summer bucket list?
Photos by: Meika Ejiasi