From cute cafes to stunning architecture, Paris is one of the cities you just have to see. I’ve been three times and still love it each time I visit. When it comes to revisiting a city, the key is to do something you haven’t done before. This time around I visited Disneyland for the first time, which was a lot fun! Whether it’s your first time visiting Paris, or you’re looking for some new places to check out here’s my ideas on how to spend 4 Days in Paris, France.
4 Days in Paris, France
WHERE TO STAY IN PARIS
During my 4 days in Paris my friends and I stayed at the Hotel Josephine. We stayed in a triple room which was nicely decorated and super spacious. There were some weird sounds coming from the bathroom in the middle of the night (not sure what it was), but outside of that it was a great place to stay. It’s conveniently located next to bus stops and metro stations, making getting around the city super easy. There’s also restaurants and bars nearby, and the famous Moulin Rouge is a quick 5 minute walk away.
BOOK HOTEL JOSEPHINE
WHERE TO EAT + DRINK IN PARIS
- Angelina’s – Everyone hypes the hot chocolate at Angelina’s so that’s why it’s on my list. I wasn’t a big fan but I’m not a big sweets person and this stuff is SWEET. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- Gusto Italia – The pasta here is really good. We ordered the penne all’arrabiata with meat sauce. They also make fresh organic pizza which everyone around us seemed to enjoy. For dessert, I’d recommend the tiramisu.
- La Perla – Another good Italian spot we found. I tried the pasta arrabiata, diavola pizza and an aperol spritz. Everything was delicious and the staff were super nice.
- Tea House – Never pass up a bubble tea opportunity. This place is located near Bistro Burger and La Perla.
- Ladurée – Ladurée is famous for their macaroons. The have staple flavors like pistachio and rose, but there’s also limited edition flavors that come out. I had a dark chocolate one that was amazing.
- Bagelstein – Great, fresh bagels. The lox on a toasted cheddar was delicious.
- Paul – Pauls are littered throughout Paris and there’s even a couple in London. I love their palmiers and other pastries.
- Bistro Burger – A great burger place with
- McDonald’s – I mainly suggest this for my fellow Americans. French Mickey D’s is so much better than ours.
WHAT TO DO WITH 4 DAYS IN PARIS
- Get lost in one of the many museums – Spend time wandering around some of Paris’s museums. The Louvre is an obvious choice, but the Musee d’Orsay and Musee Rodin are also worth checking out.
- Spend a day exploring Versailles – Versailles is another must do while in Paris. Do yourself a favor and book ahead of time.
- Check out the views from the Arc de Triomphe – Everyone goes up the Eiffel Tower to catch a view of Paris, but the view from the Arc is just as beautiful and you get to see the tower in the distance. Go near sunset and you’ll be able to catch the tower sparkling as well.
- Release your inner child at Disneyland – Disneyland Paris has the OG Tower of Terror. Plus, their space mountain is so much better than the one in California.
- Have a picnic near the Eiffel Tower – Grab a baguette, some cheese, meat, and olives and have yourself a picnic while you take in the view of the tower.
- Enjoy a beverage at a corner cafe – There’s tons of cute cafes in Paris. Grab a drink and a pastry and just take a moment to enjoy your time in Paris.
- Take tons and tons and tons of photos – There’s pretty much a picture worthy moment around every corner in Paris. Make sure to keep your phone and camera charged and ready.
- Visit the bones under the city – The Paris catacombs are an interesting site to take in. Buy your tickets ahead of time to avoid the crazy lines.
- Visit the Eiffel Tower – I feel as though this is a pretty obvious thing to do but it’s on here in case you were thinking of skipping the tower, don’t! Book your visit on the official ticketing site in advance because tickets tend to sell out. If your date is sold out on the official website, you can book a visit through third party site. Just note you’ll probably pay a little more than booking direct. Also, pay attention to whether you’re booking second floor access or the summit (aka the top).
Found this helpful? Pin it for later!
**This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission from sales made using it. Shopping links like this help support Like the Drum, at no expense to you. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for your support -T
Leave a Comment
Pingback: FUN Free Things to do in Paris This Year - Travel By Maya on October 31, 2019
Sarah3 years ago
I so love Paris. Am currently commuting between London and Paris weekly, so have the chance to explore the city of love bit by bit after work. And there is so much to see.
Only had a brief visit to Versailles yet, so am looking forward to another trip to there as well.
Timpani3 years ago AUTHOR
That’s amazing. I would love to commute back and forth from London and Paris. I studied abroad in London and would give anything to be able to live there again. Such an amazing City!
SecretMoona3 years ago
Paris is beautiful! I’m probably biased since I’m from there but no one can say the opposite, especially after seeing your beautiful pictures! This is a nice itinerary!
Timpani3 years ago AUTHOR
Paris is absolutely beautiful! I’d visit 100 times over. It’s a little bit of a different experience each time I go, and that’s what I love about it.
Emma3 years ago
Always my favorite city, I go every chance I get. Love your photos and suggestions of fun things to do
Timpani3 years ago AUTHOR
Thanks for reading! I love Paris too! It’s such an amazing city.
Andi Fisher (@andi_fisher)3 years ago
I absolutely love Paris and have been there dozens of times and think you have put together a great list of things to do!
Timpani3 years ago AUTHOR
Thanks for reading Andi! That means a lot coming from someone who has visited so many times.
All Things Simply Windy3 years ago
Paris is on my bucket list and I can’t wait to visit one day. The Louvre is definitely a place I want to go to and I need my picture under the Eiffel Tower for sure.
acupofkims3 years ago
I’ve never been to Paris, but it’s one my bucket list of places to visit! It looks so beautiful and your pictures make me want to go even more! I’ll have to add this to my Pinterest as travel inspiration. Thank you for sharing!
LaTayia3 years ago
Thank you so much for this! My hubby and I plan on visiting Paris in the near future so I’ll be sure to keep your suggestions in mind. I really want to visit Disneyland Paris. The pictures you captured are amazing!
Star Lengas3 years ago
Paris is always a fabulous time! I’ll be notating those food recs for sure, because we didn’t plan out our food on our trip. We just wandered and ate where ever! Having a picnic with wine & charcuterie is on my bucket list!
girltimewithaliyat3 years ago
Ugh, I can’t wait to travel aboard. Taste all the food and see all the new landmarks. That would be amazing. Thanks for sharing.
simplyjolayne2 years ago
I’ve been to Paris a couple of times. I would love to go back. Really, at this point, I would be happy to travel most any place.
Timpani Porshay2 years ago
I love Paris. It’s on of those places I’ll probably be visiting for the rest of my life. But I feel you, I’ve really missed traveling with everything has been going on.
Kirsten2 years ago
I love Paris and all the tips you shared. Can’t wait to return and visit the restaurants you recommend. They look amazing!